HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa. Travel Insurance Online from HDFC ERGO, Travel Insurance For Canada, Travel Insurance for France, Schengen travel insurance from India, HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa. Travel Insurance is mandatory for Schengen Visa. HDFC ERGO Travel Insurance covers hospitalization, therapy, medical care, outpatient expenses, diagnostic test costs incurred due to illness or accident. Personal Accident: Indemnity is paid in case of accidental death or permanent disability. HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa very important in the world traveling.
Travel insurance for Schengen VISA
HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa. Europe is the dream destination for all travelers. The picturesque landscape has always attracted the attention of travelers from all over the world. It also has some of the best universities in education. A trip to Europe, especially a trip to the Schengen states, is made easier and more comfortable by having travel insurance for the Schengen Visa. Before we get into what that is, let’s understand everything about Schengen states. HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa very important in Europe. The Schengen states or the Schengen area is made up of 26 European states where all passport and border controls have been officially abolished at mutual borders. This region operates under single jurisdiction with a common visa policy for international travel. This means that one can travel freely without the need to present a passport and visa, each time he enters another country in this area. A single visa works for the 26 countries in this region. A Schengen visa allows one to stay in the Schengen region for tourism or business for up to 90 days. However, if you travel for more than 90 days for study, work or to live, then a national visa for a European country applies and not a Schengen visa.
Uncertainty is the way of life, which makes us cautious to be prepared for unexpected events and emergencies. The European Union, therefore, ensures that anyone who visits them has a valid travel insurance policy and thus has compelled all foreigners to have international travel insurance. Travel insurance deals with emergencies such as theft, loss of luggage, medical expenses and emergencies, personal liability, personal accidents during the trip, delayed or canceled trips, etc. Travel insurance for Schengen is mandatory for Schengen Visa, regardless of your travel purposes. You must have travel insurance to obtain a Schengen visa. This also applies to students traveling to study in Schengen to have a valid international travel insurance policy. The minimum sum insured must be EUR 30,000 (equivalent to USD 50,000) for each visa applicant.
Inclusions of Schengen Visa Travel Insurance
Schengen visa travel insurance covers the following basic inclusions, which may vary from company to company that provides an insurance policy.
- Accidental injury
- Emergency dental treatment
- Expenses for emergency evacuation back
- Loss of checked-in baggage
- Loss of passport and other important documents
- Emergency medical treatments during the trip
- Daily hospital cash
- Compensation in case of sudden death or permanent disability due to an accident during the trip
- Trip cancellation or delays
- Theft or loss of any other occupation while traveling
- Travel delays due to poor weather
- Flights missed due to airline
- Pregnancy expenses up to the first trimester of pregnancy
- Personal liability
- Hijack allowance
- Bail Bond
Exclusions of Schengen Visa Travel Insurance
HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa. Each insurance company has a different policy, both in terms of inclusions and exclusions under coverage. The following are some of the general exclusions that most policies have:
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- Participating in adventure sports and activities that involve high risk
- Traveling to countries with high risks
- The appearance of pre-existing medical conditions during the trip. If you have a pre-existing condition, it is suggested that you always select travel insurance that covers your condition.
- Travel specifically for medical treatment
- Self-inflicted illness or injuries
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Cosmetic treatment
Two different Schengen visas require travel insurance
HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa very important. The short-stay visa (category C) is the most common Schengen visa, issued for tourism, business, family or private visits or to get married. The transit visa (category B) is issued to authorize travelers going from one external State to another to pass through the territories of the Schengen states. In section A, airport transit visa, travel insurance is not required.
HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa very important in Europe. Although all Schengen countries are in Europe, travelers should not confuse Schengen countries with the European Union (EU) countries. Schengen and the EU demarcate two different agreements between European countries. The Schengen area is made up of the following countries within the Europe zone: Schengen states of Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, as well as the Member States of the European Union of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania.
Certain states, two of which are important members of the European Union (the United Kingdom and Ireland), do not belong to the Schengen area. However, two other countries, Norway and Iceland, although not members of the European Union, are part of the Schengen area. As regards France and the Netherlands, the Schengen Convention only applies to their European territories. The Principality of Monaco, for example, allows the holder of a Schengen visa to enter its territory without any formality.
Who provides Schengen Travel Insurance Visa?
There are many general and health insurance companies that issue the Schengen travel insurance visa, which covers various emergencies while traveling. HDFC Ergo Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa. Some of them are:
Requirements of Schengen Visa Insurance
The Schengen visa allows travelers to travel to the European Schengen region that requires a single visa for 90 days or fewer days of travel. Anyone who wants to visit must have proof of medical coverage when applying for the visa. Schengen visa insurance requires one to meet the following criteria
- The minimum coverage must be 30,000 EUR (equivalent to 50,000 USD)
- Should cover all the states under the Schengen area
- Cover the expenses arising out of emergencies and medical reasons, hospital treatment or death.
Who must purchase Schengen Travel Insurance Visa?
Anyone traveling to Europe, especially the Schengen region from a country that does not belong to the Schengen region, whether group or individual, must purchase a Schengen travel insurance visa.
How much does Schengen Travel Insurance Visa cost?
The cost of Schengen travel insurance The cost of the visa varies in terms of length of stay and from one company to another. The cost of Schengen travel insurance depends on many factors, the main one being the length of the trip. Other factors that affect the cost of travel insurance are the health and age of the insured. The risk of health problems with age and pre-existing medical problems increases the cost of the travel insurance plan. You can also take advantage of additional covers to improve coverage provided by the insurance company. The cost ranges from EUR 20 to EUR 168 for 8 days to 180 days for the Schengen region. For Europe, this ranges from EUR 30 to EUR 271 for 8 days to 180 days. These are approximate costs that occur and vary from company to company.
Can travel visa insurance policy cover all Schengen Area countries?
The Schengen region consists of 26 countries that are collectively called Schengen countries, which include Italy, Belgium, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Estonia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Luxembourg, Norway, the Netherlands, Slovakia, Portugal, Poland, Switzerland, Spain, Sweden and Slovenia.
If someone travels to any of these 26 countries listed above for business or tourism purposes, they will need to present proof of the travel visa insurance policy for the visa application. A travel visa insurance policy covers all these 26 countries in the Schengen region.
How Can I book a Schengen travel visa from the USA or UK?
If you want to book US Schengen travel visa insurance. The USA Or the UK, you will have to follow the steps to make sure you have no problems and the process is pretty similar everywhere.
- Find out the type of Schengen visa you want. There are different types of Schengen visas available, depending on the purpose of your trip to Europe.
- Find out where you should apply to find out which consulate or embassy in which country should apply for the Schengen travel visa and the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- Time to apply for visa The earliest you can file for a visa is three months before the start of your planned trip. The latest that you can apply for is 15 working days before the trip. Though the suggested time to apply for a Schengen visa is minimum three weeks before the trip, you can apply anytime that suits you, but keep in mind the time frame required for visa approval.
- Appointment Next, you have to book an appointment for your Schengen visa to proceed with the visa application. Most of the countries now allow online booking for an appointment. You can also book it in person at the embassy.
- Fill the Visa form…
The visa form is similar to that of all countries with almost the same fields of information as your personal data, background, the reason for your visit to Schengen and others. Always download the latest form and fill in the details completely. If there are fields that you are not required to complete, fill them in with N / A.
- Prepare los documentos y asista a la entrevista Obtenga todos los documentos correctos según lo solicitado
- Formulario de aplicación
- Seguro de viaje (lo más importante)
- Itinerario y detalles de reserva
- Prueba de alojamiento, etc.
- Prueba de Estado Financiero
Be on time for the interview with the consular visa. You will be asked some personal questions and questions about the trip. Answer everything correctly with the correct information. You will be asked about the purpose of your trip, your personal background and history, how long you plan to stay there, the details of your accommodation and itinerary, your medical history, your documents will be verified and submitted to the consulate. Be honest and confident when you face the visa interview because this has a huge impact on the approval of your visa.
- Pay the visa fee You will have to pay a non-refundable visa fee when you apply for a Schengen visa to process the application. The Schengen visa fee is currently EUR 60 per person. Some of the specific categories and children have less rate.
- Wait for your passport with Visa: after the interview, all you have to do is wait for the visa application to be processed, which generally takes 15 days. The passport, along with your visa, would be sent to your registered address, if you have taken the courier option.
Travel Insurance for Schengen Visa India Reviews
Traveling to Europe and the Schengen region is a dream come true for all who visit there for the first time. Insurance companies these days, customize the plans according to the needs and also according to the comfort of the traveler. Since this insurance will play an important role during your trip, it is better to have travel insurance for Schengen from a reliable insurance company in India.
Before buying travel insurance, do thorough research on the different insurance companies and compare their coverages, policies, claims and customer service. Get help from someone who is familiar with the process and thoroughly understands. You can also search online to understand the basic framework of how things work.
Insurance companies these days pay close attention to their clients and therefore always look for a company that provides 24-hour assistance. Read the terms and conditions carefully to check the covers and exclusions, medical claims and everything. Make sure the policy covers all of your needs.